Folsom, CA – May 4, 2018 – Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP), is pleased to announce the winners of the 2018 Women in Technology Scholarship (WITS) Program. Now in its eleventh year, the program offers multiple scholarships to women pursuing a career in computer science, information technology (IT), management information systems, computer engineering, or another related field.
“All of our recipients demonstrate great potential in leading the next generation of IT professionals. We look forward to supporting their success at their chosen universities and beyond”
Jonna Ward, CEO of Visionary Integration Professionals
Inspired by her own journey as a woman in technology, Ward launched the inaugural WITS program in 2007 to inspire and assist young women interested in fields of computer science and technology. Since its launch, the program has expanded nationwide, awarding scholarships to more than 100 women. This year, nearly 250 students from across the country applied for the WITS program. The selection committee evaluated each submission based on academic performance, thoughtful essay responses, involvement in the community and extracurricular activities.
The 2018 Women in Technology scholarship recipients are:
- Alexis Ashby, Montclair, VA
- Katherine Bezugla, Algonquin, IL
- Myra Cheng, San Jose, CA
- Kieu My Giang, Brooklyn, NY
- Sarah Gulkowitz, Lawrence, NY
- Jung Ah Lee, Woodbury, MN
- Shuting Liang, Albany, CA
- Priya Pai, Sugar Land, TX
- Aversa Prentosito, Cincinnati, OH
- Iman Wahle, Portland, OR
- Clarissa Xu, Novi, MI
- Serena Yan, Wexford, PA
Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) provides industry-leading management consulting, system integration, and technology deployment solutions. VIP helps its clients strengthen mission outcomes by combining deep industry specialization, agility to adapt as needed, and an unwavering commitment to client satisfaction. VIP brings expertise in how to deploy systems that align people, processes, and technology to accelerate strategic change and to deliver business results in partnership with its clients. Since 1996, VIP has worked with nearly 1,000 state and local, federal, and commercial clients.
- VIP Announces 2022 Scholarship Winners
- VIP Hires New Chief of Strategy for Public Sector Team
- VIP Welcomes New State & Local Government Director
- Wine Country Gift Baskets Delivers Client Satisfaction with Visionary Integration Professionals
- Visionary Integration Professionals Named to GovTech 100 for Third Year in a Row