FOLSOM, Calif. – Visionary Integration Professionals, LLC(VIP) has selected the recipients of the 5th annual Women in Technology Scholarship (WITS) program. The nationwide competition supports women seeking a career in computer science, information technology, or other applicable fields.
This year’s program was particularly competitive as the number of applicants more than doubled from last year, with 210 submittals. After a thorough review process, 10 highly qualified women were selected to receive scholarship awards ranging from $500 – $3,000. The award monies will go towards tuition to an accredited U.S. college or university.
“We received a staggering number of applications this year; twofold over last year,” said WITS co-chair Leah Hagans. “This made the selection process very challenging but the committee did an excellent job choosing the most deserving women.”
Award winners were chosen based on academic performance, involvement in community service and extracurricular activities, demonstrated leadership experience, and essay responses. For the essay portion of the application, the students were asked to define an IT related problem in their community and recommend a thoughtful solution that would likely have an impact on the problem.
“It is always encouraging to hear solutions to real-life IT problems from up-and-coming leaders in our field,” said WITS co-chair, Cindy Webster.
The women chosen demonstrate an outstanding commitment to their education and communities. Congratulations to the following truly deserving 2012 winners:
- Adrienne Dunham – Auburn, Washington
- Alisha Sindhwani – Herndon, Virginia
- Amelia Elverson – Bloomington, Minnesota
- Annabel Aman – Frisco, Texas
- Emilie Barnard – Carpinteria, California
- Kaleigh Clary – Cabot, Arizona
- Melissa O’Sullivan – Lewisburg, West Virginia
- Niki Silveria – Rocklin, California
- Raluca Ifrim – Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Son Yon Song – Port Washington, New York
VIP encourages college and university bound students to apply for next year’s iteration of WITS in the first half of 2013. Contact the WITS committee at WITS@trustvip.com for more information.
Established in 1996, Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) is a global technology and managed services firm that has provided solutions to over 900 government and commercial clients in various industries. With its mission of “helping clients achieve measurable results,” VIP helps its customers challenge boundaries and uncover new possibilities to increase productivity, maximize revenue, improve performance, mitigate risks, and reduce costs. VIP has over 700 staff and offers expertise spanning eight core service offerings: Business Intelligence, ERP Consulting & Integration, Technology-Based Learning Solutions, Management Consulting, Software Quality Management & Testing, Application Design & Development, Systems Operation & Maintenance, and Network & Data Center Infrastructure Consulting. VIP’s corporate headquarters is located in Folsom, California with offices in DC Metro, New York City, San Mateo and Houston.
- VIP Announces 2022 Scholarship Winners
- VIP Hires New Chief of Strategy for Public Sector Team
- VIP Welcomes New State & Local Government Director
- Wine Country Gift Baskets Delivers Client Satisfaction with Visionary Integration Professionals
- Visionary Integration Professionals Named to GovTech 100 for Third Year in a Row